Thursday, April 9, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

So, it's been a couple or three days since I posted anything because...we're home!!!!

I love my job, and I love the road. One of the great perks is that two and a half weeks away makes me truly appreciate everything about Austin, everything about my house, everything about my friends...I guess you could say that right now I'm in a state of super appreciation. I told Dave yesterday that I had low level happiness....kind of like low level anxiety, but you know, better.

Then one thing I've never been able to do upon arriving home after a tour is, well, anything. I kept telling myself that I would blog a bit. That even a two word blog entry would suffice. Just log in and write "We're home" for goodness sake. But it didn't happen. I couldn't bring myself to type even two words. Because when I get off the road, I inevitably go off the grid for a few glorious days. The phone and emails rarely gets answered. The house rarely gets left. I luxuriate in the luxury of having no where to go, nothing much to do.

So we've been here, watching documentaries and Dollhouse (I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan), taking walks, going swimming and there has been lots of free form playing with the bean...It's all blue sky sunny and warm here in Austin, which is a plus considering I don't think we saw the sun once on that Midwest run.

I want to scream it from the rooftops. I love, love, love this Town!

After a couple vacation-esque days, I'm slowly beginning to get back to the business of being a productive human being. It feels good.

Not everyone needs this kind of readjustment period after a tour. Take my boss, Ray Benson. I haven't talked to him since we got home, but I can guarantee he was in the office first thing Tuesday morning, probably taking a conference call or some kind of meeting...the man never stops. He's like 25 years older than me with twice the stamina. And he works. All the time. I've truly never seen anything like it.

He's currently the Cover Boy (The male version of a Cover Girl) for the Spring Issue of Texas Music Magazine. Our good friend Rob Patterson wrote a really great article about him. Definitely worth the read.


I have to say, it's awesome to work for a man who loves to work so much that he never stops working. Me, I need my rest.

No comments: