Friday, October 23, 2009

A Weekend Away

Is always strange.

On the one hand, we get to get caught up on sleep before the big tour to Canada. Dave gets to be driven rather than drive. And my parents get to commune with their granddaughter.

On the other hand, there is the missing. Because everything is really is less fun without her. Because seriously, she is the most fun. And the then there's the self doubt. What kind of parent leaves her daughter...

I think this is just where I live these days. In trying to balance child care and husband care and self care, I often end up in the compromise zone--where things are workable but not perfect. Where as soon as I feel resolved that yes, this is cool, I feel good about this...then the other side shows itself.




I think they call this being a grown up. Dude.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: