Friday, August 27, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on The Way to Everywhere

One thing I haven't talked much about on this trip is the actual music aspect of everything. But something happened on this trip musically, that I didn't quite expect.

What I expected is that we would all get tired of the set. I mean, five weeks with an average of five shows a week. The potential for musical burnout is high.

Instead, the reverse happened. I feel like we've reached a new level with the material. All the time together has created this tightness, this energy and excitement where I thought staleness would be.

It's a welcome happening. And another reminder that smart as I am, I often have no idea what the future holds.



-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

JennyMcKinneyTX said...

Your group synergy continues to build. It's awesome!

MAYBELLINE said...

Welcome to California!