Monday, May 18, 2009

Mini-van-tastic!

I have been a long time lover of the minivan. It's the perfect working muscian vehichle What it lacks in coolness, it makes up for in roomy utilityness. With some strategic seat removal and a little creative packing, you can fit a four piece band, all your gear *and* a small P.A. I know. I've done it many times.

For a while, Dave and I were a two mini-van family. We convinced ourselves that such massive unhippness actually made us hip.

This trip, we had to leave the baby bus at home, due to the fact that the routing got a little *insane*. The East Coast part of the tour ends in Maine. Then we have one day and a gig in Miami the next day. Another day off, and then we're in Dallas.

We could have brought the baby bus out, but there was no way to get it back without killing ourselves. So we opted to rent a vehicle to follow the bus in.

At first we thought mini-van. But then we thought about saving money, so we booked a full size car.

I don't know what were thinking. That. Would. Have. Been. A. Disaster. The thought of my mother and I trying to catch some z's scrunched up in the backseat with a baby seat between us...that just would have been bad.

But the travel Gods were watching after us and Avis booked us a mini-van instead. There must have been some kind of Internet mix-up that worked in our favor!

And it so much better. I'm convinced that the key to long drives is room. Room to stretch out, room to be separate from others. And the minivan provided just enough room to make our four days together pleasant as opposed to, well, hellacious.

In the true spirit of being on the road, I took no pictures of the mini-van that made our lives so good. Instead I offer you a Sanger McQueen family portrait.










-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Mini Van Karma. Now you just need to get pretty lil lisel some glasses and that would make a mighty fine family picture. The one you took ain't so bad!

Geezerglide said...

Now I wonder what's goin' through Dave's head? hmmmm... priceless expression, tho. :)

Joanna said...

That photo is hysterically cute.