Saturday, January 16, 2010

Backstage

When I wad growing up, my family listened to a lot of Broadway musical soundtracks. A lot. Like my sister and I can still sing almost every word to every song in "42nd Street" and "Pippin" a lot.

So being in a musical is like, really cool for me.

One of the coolest things about doing this play is being on the other side of the stage. None of us ever get to see the play as a whole. Instead we see the see the set pieces and the costumes, the players waiting to hear their cues, the curtains and he worklights. The actors and the crew and the costumers have their own backstage choereography, just as essential to he production as any blocking. Our play is very different from what the audience will ever experience, but to me it's every bit as entertaining.

It looks kind of like this.


































-- Post
From My iPhone

No comments: