Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Other Road Mommies and Daddies!

I have found my people.

And they are on the internet.

I have discovered blogs of other touring families.

And I'm beyond ecstatic.

Before a couple of days ago, the only other road family I knew about were Mates of State. They've been traveling with their kids (yes I said kids, as in more than one, as in two. An epic feat in itself) and chronicle their adventures on a blog called Band on the Diaper Run. That blog has been my inspiration in a lot of ways. I mean, what could be more inspirational that reading about those who came before you.

But I never, you know, reached out in any kind of "help me please way!" I think I may have left two comments. Maybe. Mostly I just read and lurked and learned.

And that was it.

Then a couple of days ago I followed a random follow friday tweet from my favorite mommy blogger Girls Gone Child and just happened to land in the interweb realm of Jenn Rock Enders, aka tourtot.com. Jenn travels with her husband Ace, taking care of the business side of his music. And now she's also taking care of their son, Artie.

And through reading Jen's blog, I found Banjos and Babies the blog of the road manager/nanny for the Wailin' Jennys. This is another two baby experience, but this time it's twins!

I cannot tell you how giddy it has made me to find these blogs. I mean, there aren't exactly an books out there for touring with infants. And like I said, I'd only ever found one other blog. But here, there are two more people who know. Who know what it's like out there.

Yay!

I know, I know. The interweb is a big place. And probably, if I started googling, I could find more families like us out there. But during this last year, I was, you know, kinda busy. Truth be told, I didn't think to look.

Cause I was busy, okay!

But now, now I've found these blogs and I'm feeling all "my people!!!" I read their stories and I feel it. I know it. I've been there.

And I've got advice. Lot's of advice. So much that I hope I don't annoy them with all the knowledge I'm about to send their way.

So today is a good day. There are people out their on the same journey we're on.

Awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

theres no feelin' like that feelin' youre feelin' right now. (um, can you make that into a song?)

EMQ said...

I know! I finally feel like I "get" this whole community love that people talk about when they talk about the interwebs. Has it always been like this for you?
And dude, how bout we make that into a song, miss poetess with the mostess.

tiffani said...

We have had Blue on the road for most of the 13 months that he's been alive! I don't know how you have time to blog!! But I do enjoy the updates.

EMQ said...

Ah, I forgot to mention y'all! I so keep up with you on Facebook. Blue is getting so big. Hmmmm, maybe we could do a road mommy interview soon...