Monday, August 2, 2010

I should be Napping

I really should be.  I mean, I've been up since 5:30 this morning.

That's 5:30 in the AM.

And I know my day will end around 11:30pm.

We're playing a second gig tonight at Space in Evanston, IL.  Last night's gig was fantastic and I'm looking forward to this evening...but I know I should rest up while I can.  Otherwise who knows when the tired will take me out.

Lisel is napping! Now it my chance!

And yet, here I sit. Typing away. 

One of the keys to this being on the road forever and ever with a child in tow is making sure that all adults get their alone time.  It's harder than it sounds, mostly because crispy friedness can sneak up on you.

Like yesterday.  I thought I was doing fine. We were pulling into town, and Claire made a harmless joke about Lisel napping when she wanted to and Dave and I not being able to control it. And normally, I would have laughed. But instead, I got my hackles up. Real quick.

I was able to calm myself down, and realize that Claire wasn't digging at our parenting, it was just that I hadn't had a moment to myself in like, 3 days.  And I was tender. Sensitive.  A little crispy.

Which I let everyone know in as calm as manner as I could.  They understood and gave me some space.  So I ran to the workout room. For two hours.

And now, even though I know I should sleep, I'm typing, because this may be my one chance today to get something done!  To do what I want to do, and not what I need to do. 

It's necessary man!

But having explained this to the interwebs, I feel much better now. And I think yes, I will go and have a lie down.

Because that's necessary too.

No comments: