Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Calm Before the Tour

Dave and Lindsay are already on their way to Detriot, where they'll pick us up tomorrow afternoon.

I'm here, enjoying the last quiet hours before the non-stop begins. I cleaned the house and made cookies -- my last gasp of my half assed domesticity. I got our carry-ons packed as best I could. Now the only thing left to do is wait until tomorrow morning.

I think after the two fun yet grueling gigs leading up to this tour, I'm ready for this. But like all things, I won't know how ready I am until we're in the middle of it. Still, I'm looking forward with excitement rather than nervousness. That feels nice.

Time for the next adventure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved your show at The Ark in Ann Arbor - first time I've seen AATW live. And I loved your voice live so I just bought Laziest Girl - will listen to it on the commute home tonight!

Also - I grew up a MAJOR Elvis Costello fan, so I'm ticked that you are too - I thought I was the only girl who listened to Rockpile. So Happy Doing will be my next purchase, I think....

Have a great tour!

Marla