Monday, September 26, 2011

Rest Stop Picnic

This weekend, we once again traveled to Oklahoma for a lone gig. It was definitely a Deja-vu type situation. Up and back in 24 hours. 14 or 15 hours on the car. Though this time we brought our friend Gray Parsons with us.





Gray is a seriously musical guy. He can play anything you might want -- drums, guitar, keys, a little bass. He's rad. And it turns put he can also kid wrangle and travel long distances in a single day. What a guy!

I didn't get many pictures in Anadarko, where we played. Sometimes I wish I could embed a camera in my glasses, because picture taking has become complicated with two kids. All of a sudden my life is filled up with moments I want to capture forever, and yet my hands are pretty much always full with non camera items. Luckily, I was smart enough to commandeer Dave's iPhone at our rest stop picnic.





These are often my favorite times on the road. The unexpected rest stop picnic times.





We sit under the lone tree on the grass by the highway, and eat sandwiches and look for grasshoppers and let the wind blow our hair around.





And we're all together, taking the adventures as they come, and resting a little bit while we can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your last line, "And we're all together, taking the adventures as they come, and resting a little bit while we can." says all that needs to be said, and not just about raising children.

Joanna said...

Love reading these little slices of life!