Monday, January 23, 2012

Rocking Ray's Backstage at the Rattle Inn

Over the years, I've watched my boss, Ray Benson, slowly amass a food and beverage based empire. It started when he and the folks at the airport collaborated on a Ray Benson/Asleep at the Wheel themed bar and hotdog/taco stand. It's pretty cool. Everyone we take a trip I get to eat my tacos under a gigantic yellow neon sign with the name of the band on it, while looking at a cardboard cutout of my boss that resides on the stage (yes, we have many stages in our airport, the one in this bar being the biggest).

Ray has barbecue sauce with his name on it. He partnered with a local coffee roaster to bring the world "Awake at the Wheel" coffee. Like I said...food and beverage based empire.

And tonight we'll be playing the Grand Opening of his latest venture, Ray's Backstage at the newly opened Rattle Inn. It's a Wheel themed outfit with 45's on the bar and 41 years of band paraphernalia decorating every nook and cranny of the joint. Doors open at 7, we go on at 8. But if you can't make the show, you should definitely check it out soon. In fact, if you want to you can see pics of it at Asleep at the Wheel's Facebook page

It's also our first night back to work since the start of the new year. I'm so happy we had time to recover, and at the same time ready to play with the Wheel again. This time, I hope to stay a little more on top of my personal health than I did before.

Here's to new beginnings, and grand openings.

No comments: